Victorian Railways (VR) B Class built by Clyde Engineering.
- Power Unit: EMD 16-567BC, V16, 950RPM Max
- Generator: EMD D12
- Traction Motors: 6 x EMD D27
- Power output for traction: 1500hp
- Continuous tractive effort: 40,240lb
- Max speed: 83mph (133kph)
- Weight: 114t 0cwt
There were 26 in class B60 to B85 and was delivered between 14 Jul 1952 and 22 Feb 1954.
B60 was the only named B class in VR - Harold W Clapp. In VLine livery it was Sir Harold Clapp.
B61 in SSR ownership was named Bernie Baker with a special paint scheme to commemorate the gathering of Streamliner locos at Goulburn NSW 2016.
B62 was the first diesel to run 1,000,000 miles in Australia.